Divine Dark Chocolate Cake with Aurélie
June 12, 2020
With a self-proclaimed sweet tooth, I may be biased when I ask, “Is there anything more divine than a chocolate dessert?” Short answer, no! Every birthday growing up there was never any question or hesitation for my special celebratory treat: chocolate cake! Warm inviting cake with decadent melty, chocolate-y flavors made it a no-brainer every time.
Aurélie Perrier, Development Director at APA, hits the nail on the head with this quick and easy chocolate cake: a more bitter dark chocolate balances the sugar so the cake is not too sweet. Perfect for pairing with fresh berries and whipped cream, this rich dessert is a great way to end a meal (or celebrate a birthday)!
- 1 c. dark chocolate
- 1/3 c. butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaping spoonful of flour
- 3 eggs
- 6.5 Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350o F and butter a loaf pan.
- Break chocolate into smaller pieces into a pot and melt with the butter and salt over low heat.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs and sugar, and mix for about one minute.
- Once fully melted, combine one heaping spoonful of flour into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the bowl with the sugar and eggs and combine. Add to your buttered baking pan.
- Cook for about 15 minutes for a gooey center.