Summer in Senegal
Spend six weeks in Dakar, the heart of Francophone West Africa
Follow along on Instagram @academicprogramsabroad for photos and videos of Summer 2022 happenings!
Complete the application form on the Apply webpage. After, you will be prompted to log in to the portal to complete the remaining components:
- Personal statement
- Unofficial transcript*
- French recommendation letter
Once we’ve received your application, you’ll be contacted for a Zoom interview.
*If you are mailing this item, please send it to the US office: Box #17218, 24 Camp Avenue, Stamford, CT 06907.
- Summer 2023 Early Bird Admissions: February 15, 2023 (apply and submit your deposit by this date to receive a $100 reduction in program fees)
- Summer 2023: April 15, 2023
Applications received after the deadline will be considered according to space and availability.
Lindsay Turlan leads our US operations and is the go-to person for all aspects of the application process, including billing, pre-departure preparation, and university liaising. If you have any questions, get in contact with the APA office!
- Schedule a Zoom
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 203-883-8200
The ideal APA student is bright and motivated, internationally-minded who seeks a cross-cultural experience and has a desire to experience Senegalese life.
We know that several factors play into a student’s ability to learn a second language (or third, or fourth!). The number of semesters of college French should be seen as a guideline when determining which level of program to participate in. If you are unsure which program to apply for, contact us and we will be happy to assist you in in determining your level.
Dakar Summer Program
- 3.0 GPA
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior university standing or higher
- B1 French language level and up, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) [approximately 3 – 4 semesters of French or equivalent]